PDA

View Full Version : Your emails are safe here...

Derick
12-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Feel free to post your emails if you sell things, or if you want to communicate with other users. I just installed a patch to ensure that harvesters cannot get your email here. It looks a little off, but it protects you and you dont have to do the whole hi (at) blah dot com thing..

This is how it looks: admin@beginnerbikers.org

HotFix
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Cool. I just noticed that in the Staff forum and wasn't sure what happened.

Chrystal
12-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Feel free to post your emails if you sell things, or if you want to communicate with other users. I just installed a patch to ensure that harvesters cannot get your email here. It looks a little off, but it protects you and you dont have to do the whole hi (at) blah dot com thing..

This is how it looks: admin@beginnerbikers.org
...still all jibberish to me.....:smug:

subvetSSN606
12-06-2005, 09:44 AM
...still all jibberish to me.....:smug:

Jibberish->English

Spammers frequently use programs that go out and search websites for anything that looks like an email address, then add it to their list. Many people try to avoid them by doing things like inserting an (at) instead of the "@" symbol in the middle of their email address. Derick has installed something that does the disguising for you so those programs won't recognize your email address as an email address.

However it only blocks those programs, if you post it, your email address would still be visible to anyone that actually reads the site.

Tom

jenniferb
12-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Do we have email addresses here at bb.org?

subvetSSN606
12-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Do we have email addresses here at bb.org?

No.

Tom