PDA

View Full Version : Whoah.... go away for a few weeks and everything changes

cygnus
01-26-2005, 09:52 PM
First, I want to thank Shadow Shack for redirecting me here.

Anyway, it's nice to see all of you here and it's nice to know the beginner bikes community is still together. A lot of good things came out of that and it would have been a shame to see it die.

I noticed Ken (Squirrel), Cindy and Subvet are all here. I don't know what other former team members are here, but it's nice to see some familiar names.

I guess beginner bikes is dead. I'd like to thank whoever put this site up for continuing the cause (out of curiosity - is it a former BB.com member?).

So, I guess I'll be hanging out here instead of the old place. I guess I'll just say 'hi' and try to get caught up with what's been going on.

- John

Cindy
01-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi John,

Long time....glad you found your way here. Adam (Whizbang) signed on a couple of days ago. I don't believe I've seen Mac though.

Are you happy with the move?

Cindy

Shadow Shack
01-27-2005, 04:08 AM
Heya John/Cygnus/Eclectic Biker! Ah, the memories...

To answer the question, fellow BB member DBoogie is hosting BB.org

Cindy
01-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Cassy and Michelle are also here. Michelle's new screen name is shel shok.

Cindy

CasCat
01-27-2005, 08:41 AM
Hey, John, glad to see you here!

Cassy

subvetSSN606
01-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi John! Good to see you!
Darwin's here. Haven't seen Mac here yet, but he's shown up on BandB just recently.

Tom

cygnus
01-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys (and gals). I was going to ask about Whiz, but you answered me already (get out of my HEAD!!!!). It's a shame about BB, though. I still hoped to live out a semi-childhood dream of being a motorcycle journalist there, but I guess that's shot to crap.

To answer your question, Cindy, the jury's still out. I'm happy that I'm no longer living in my hometown, but I basically moved to a town the same size, but more isolated. Plus I hate cold weather, and it's just as cold here (less snow, though). The wife and I have been quietly contemplating a move to Arizona. May not happen, not for a few years, but it's there. Plus, I got a new job (this is my first week) at the same paper my wife works in their systems department (my title is Webmaster, but I do other things too), so it makes more sense to stay here so I can get some experience.

So, I'll be hangin' around here a bit. Might even submit an article or two. It's not BB, but it's pretty cool all the same.

- John

shel-shok
01-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Hi John,

Yeah, it sucks about the BB. There were things that I wanted to do for it also. Oh well...sh*t happens and life goes on...

Glad to see you here among the team members and BB refugees!

Michelle

Clair
01-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey John, welcome. You'll find most people either on her or beginnerandbeyond.com (BaB). Some people are only on one, but a lot of us post on both sites.

like you, I went away for Christmas, came back to find that BB.Com had imploded. Kinda made me feel lost. But, now we're all found, and that is good.

Cold, snowy here at the moment, bike hibernating, Clair NEEDING to ride ... ah, somtimes the fickle finger of fate pokes fun at you ...