PDA

View Full Version : Hrc

Trials
01-15-2012, 09:21 AM
I read - HRC NSF250R
185 lbs. ~47 hp from their new 250 cc 4 stroke single :shock:
...has anybody seen this one or the smaller 100cc version in the flesh, sounds like a blast :hyper:

spotbeagle
01-15-2012, 02:53 PM
The NSF100R came out about the time I got my NSR50. Really wanted the NSF, but price made the deal for me so I went with the NSR I found that was still brand new in the crate. The NSF100R is essentially identical to the NSR50, just 4 stroke vs. 2 stroke.

Trials
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
The NSF100R came out about the time I got my NSR50. Really wanted the NSF, but price made the deal for me so I went with the NSR I found that was still brand new in the crate. The NSF100R is essentially identical to the NSR50, just 4 stroke vs. 2 stroke.

Neat! I suppose my local Honda dealer or even the Canadian Honda distributor would know as much about these as they do the RTL260 :saaad:

...would love to see some pics of your NSR50 :thumbsup:

I have a bad feeling the NSF stands for Non Sufficient Funds :crackup:

LoDownSinner
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Is that the new Moto3 spec bike?

EDIT: Yep, according to Google.

Looks pretty cool, but damn I miss two-strokes...

http://youtu.be/kd0cyxPOnyk

Trials
01-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I haven't looked at it in great length, but a quick read of the Moto3 spec tells me yes!
http://www.motoracereports.com/6882/fim-moto3-regulations-latest-news.html

Trials
01-15-2012, 08:29 PM
:hyper: Check out how sturdy that rear swingarm looks, you think a lightweight jockey like me could make that thing sail :hyper:

edit: looks like a full floating rear brake linkage too, yes?

LoDownSinner
01-16-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm actually kind of surprised the swingarm isn't carbon fiber.

Trials
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm actually kind of surprised the swingarm isn't carbon fiber.

FIM says: "- Minimum total weight of Motorcycle + Rider: 148kg"
With this rule in place I wouldn't want it any lighter, would be just that much more weight I need to gain. :shock:
...I'd be the guy getting hosed down and filling my boots with water immediately prior to tech inspection :crackup:

? if Moto3 replaces the 125 class, what class is the 100cc 4-stroke intended to compete in ?

NORTY
01-16-2012, 01:24 PM
edit: looks like a full floating rear brake linkage too, yes? Yes, it appears so. How many here know what we're talking about?

Trials
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Ouch! :shock: Figures, I finally found a price tag hint for the NSF250R and I was right, at over 200$ per pound the NSF stands for Non Sufficient Funds.

Oh well, looks like an F3 is still on my spring 2012 wish list :hyper:

NORTY
01-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I saw Aprilia RS125's for $4299. They were blowing them out. They were 2 stroke and not steet legal. Of course, they were on slicks too.

Trials
01-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I saw Aprilia RS125's for $4299. They were blowing them out. They were 2 stroke and not steet legal. Of course, they were on slicks too.

I guess you would need to store it until it qualified as vintage, seeing as they are now non-competitive & obsolete :nono2:

With all of these rules the FIM has put in place with an apparent intent to keep the sport within reach of independently financed privateers, price tags like this makes it a joke. Everyone would be better served if they put a reasonable max price on the entire machine and pull out all the stops on what is technically allowed. The result would far better suit both the consumer and continue to promote the development of better technologies. Or is that just too simple :?

LoDownSinner
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
WERA still has a class for them.

The 125cc GP Class will be renamed in 2012 and will be the Next Moto Champion/WERA Formula 3! Next Moto Champion will have a year end bonus award worth over $10,000.00 which will be awarded to 1st through 3rd place finishers. The package will include some very special opportunities for the up and coming riders of the Next Moto Champion/WERA Formula 3 Class at the 2012 Michelin/WERA National Challenge. “We wanted to give the 125 and Moriwaki 250 riders more reasons to race the National Series with WERA in this upcoming season, we look forward to WERA Motorcycle Roadracing having the best competition in the country and as a company that has supported the emerging talent of motorcycle racing from day one, we are excited to team up with WERA and provide these prize packages for the 2012 season” said Jon Boucher, President Next Moto Champion. Check out their website at nextmotochampion.com.

LoDownSinner
01-16-2012, 06:09 PM
With all of these rules the FIM has put in place with an apparent intent to keep the sport within reach of independently financed privateers, price tags like this makes it a joke. Everyone would be better served if they put a reasonable max price on the entire machine and pull out all the stops on what is technically allowed. The result would far better suit both the consumer and continue to promote the development of better technologies. Or is that just too simple :?
You're not talking about grass roots racing. If you want grass roots racing see my previous post.

These guys (FIM MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3) are the highest tier of competition in the world.

asp125
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Wonder how the Moto3 bikes would do against our mostly stock Ninja250 cup class. Thinking they would be overdogs.

Trials
01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Wish we had a WERA up here, to date our FIM sanctioning club is CMA (Canadian Motorcycle Association) and certainly with Observed Trials CMA generally adopts the FIM regulations to a greater extent.
btw what is WERA an acronym for? ...wasn't obvious on their site

asp125 raised another interesting point, if somebody did turn out to an amateur club event with one of these bikes, what class would they be riding?

Shannonville is the the closest track for me so I will investigate what they are offering before I give up on the notion of go fast competition. Other than observed Trials the small displacement 4 strokes hold the greatest interest to me.

AZridered
01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Ninja 250s would not be competitive. At least not if the MotoGP Moto 3 bikes are anything like USGPRU Moto 3 machines. USGPRU Moto 3 bikes are competitive with SV 650s.

LoDownSinner
01-16-2012, 08:12 PM
What AZ said.

I've had some good battles on my SV with the 125 kids, many of which are racing AMA Pro now.

Trials - WERA stands for Western-Eastern Roadracing Association. It's a family owned and run business. If you want one, start one. Write a rulebook, rent some tracks, and race. :mrgreen:

Unless things have changed, the 125/250 bikes should run Formula 2, Formula 3 and Clubman in WERA. The Moriwakis and the new little Hondas are not legal in E Superstock (the Ninja 250 class).

EDIT - Oh, wait... Clubman runs concurrently with 125GP, which is now Formula 3.

Trials
01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Well I looked into the dinky little local track 'series' and track rates and now have a entirely different appreciation for your sport of choice :shock: man you guys must have deep pockets.
I think Ontario raised the street racing fines just to remain competitive with the race track fees.
:deal:
Guess I'll be sticking with Trials competitions, the cost is several worlds apart!

Still love those fast little bikes though :)

LoDownSinner
01-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Yeah, that's why I only did one round last year, and another BBOer actually sponsored me (thanks Prof!!!!). Entry fees pale in comparison to tire costs. When I run the SV, it costs me about $2-500/weekend just for tires.

EDIT: Karl_L sponsored me for a race also. Didn't mean to slight you man!

Trials
01-18-2012, 08:57 AM
... If you want one, start one. Write a rulebook, rent some tracks, and race. :mrgreen:

I wrote something up, but I'm afraid to post it because everybody might think it's :freak:

I looked into the HRC NSF100, the price is more reasonable, but it's basically a mini bike so that's out of the question

2 of the HRC powered bikes Iíve owned:

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af21/eotamoderator/Old%20Bikes/cota315-1.jpg

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af21/eotamoderator/Old%20Bikes/cota315.jpg

...still waiting for others to post theirs :slap: or are HRC's that rare

NORTY
01-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Honda power in a Montesa chassis?

Trials
01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Honda power in a Montesa chassis?

Honda owns Montesa
the 2 strokes were branded HRC & my 4 stroke Montesa motors are branded Honda