PDA

View Full Version : X-Act trackday @ Little Tally November 19-20

Karl_L
11-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Anyone interested in one last trackday at Tally this year? This will be X-Act's last event this year and it looks like a few of the ESS guys will be there. Kurt Kesler will be a control rider.

Little Tally November 19-20, 2011

Time
19 November at 07:00 - 20 November at 17:00

Created by:
X-ACT Motorsports, Inc

More info
$99.00 per day track day or $198.00 for both days, ($103.00/$206.00 via paypal) or you can mail a money order contact via email - xacttech2000@yahoo.com

Facebook event page (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=112523958814785)

Prof._HH
11-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Any word on tire vendors being there?

I hadn't planned on getting the track bike out any more this year - probably not going to make it but you never know....

Karl_L
11-04-2011, 08:01 AM
I'll ask Peter. Have you mounted the 17s yet? I don't think anyone is going to have the 16" stuff. I do have Pirelli front that should have some life left if you need it.

Prof._HH
11-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Right now, the bike is hanging from my garage ceiling with no wheels. I'm in the process of getting the 17" wheels on it. The wheels have some no-name street tires on them now. I'm not sure I'd trust them riding around the block much less trying to push them on a track. I wouldn't mind getting the BT6, 3 combo from stick but LDS has me thinking about the Michs.

I have to move some parts from the 16s to the 17s. Both wheels came without discs. I have the new-gen discs too but I'm using the mounting hardware from the old wheels to get them on the new ones. Hopefully, I'll have a few hours this weekend to finish that up.

I need to put a new chain on it too. The safety wire on my clip keeps coming off. I'm going to rivet it and be done with it. It'd probably be fine for a tack day but I don't want to try another season with the clip chain.

Karl_L
11-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I put the question on FB. I'm also asking around to see if I can locate some takeoffs.

Catt42
11-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Looks like a fun time. We are scheduled to coach that weekend, so no track days this year. Next year however, there will be at least one track day.

Karl_L
11-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Looks like a fun time. We are scheduled to coach that weekend, so no track days this year. Next year however, there will be at least one track day.

Bummer, I was hoping this one would work out.

Do you have any more shows scheduled? I'm still hoping to get to one.

Catt42
11-04-2011, 09:17 AM
I think Middle Earth is playing the 20th. You really need to come up when James Blonde is performing. Not sure when the next one is though.

Karl_L
11-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm signed up for both days. Anyone else?

What, am I going to have to feed myself for a whole weekend?

mechdziner714
11-15-2011, 10:10 AM
I wish I could go but unfortunately its not going to happen. Any other upcoming dates? Good luck Karl & have fun on the new weapon.

Prof._HH
11-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm out. Lil'HH needs the $ more than dad's toys.

Karl_L
11-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I wish I could go but unfortunately its not going to happen. Any other upcoming dates? Good luck Karl & have fun on the new weapon.

Nothing at Tally until February as far as I know but Jennings has some dates, I've been meaning to get down there.

I'm pretty sure I'm out. Lil'HH needs the $ more than dad's toys.

I figured it was a long shot, that is a long drive for a weekend. If you want I can pick up some takeoffs from Kurt and find some way to get them to you before the Feb Tally round. Cabin Fever or we can pick a date & meet in Nashville, maybe catch a James Blonde show.

Prof._HH
11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, grab a set from Kurt. I can get a couple weekends out of them anyway.

Karl_L
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Well Kurt brought a set of takeoffs but we ran across a guy who needed them more. But he has plenty at home so if we don't get them to you earlier they will be there for the Feb round at Tally.

It was a fun weekend, great weather and lots of track time. I only took the new gen ninjette and by Sunday I was turning 16s. I rode in intermediate on Saturday but I bumped up to advanced for sunday. The mid pack I group riders were tentative about going around me, the A group didn't have that problem.

One of the beginner group control riders was riding his Goldwing, blasting music. Coming down the back straight he looked like a mama duck with his ducklings in tow. He actually got his knee down on it, I heard there are pictures.

shonuff
11-21-2011, 10:02 AM
One of the beginner group control riders was riding his Goldwing, blasting music. Coming down the back straight he looked like a mama duck with his ducklings in tow. He actually got his knee down on it, I heard there are pictures.

This makes me :mrgreen:

Glad to hear to the new track bike is working out. :thumbsup:

One of these days....

Catt42
11-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time!

Prof._HH
11-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Wish I could have been there. The pic you sent looked like rain. Glad you had good weather.