PDA

View Full Version : Down I went...

KZ-Rob
06-01-2010, 11:24 PM
but it was the tree that hurt :awcrap[1]

The problem with riding in the woods is all the damn trees, so I did some exploring in an area of our land we seldom use. I knew there was a big grassy field, but not much else about it. I had to navigate a narrow deer trail and cross an axle deep mud hole to get there. It was not what I thought it was, it was grass alright, but really tall and the ground was soft. So I go anyway, first gear, moderate throttle to keep from spinning the tire and standing on the pegs to try to see over the grass. I didn't see the big fat log in the grass, and hit it square on. It was like Artie Johnson on the tricycle, I hit the log and the bike stopped dead and fell over with me standing on the pegs. Luckily it was soft ground and I was unhurt, just wet. I picked up the bike and went back the way I came and into the woods. That is where the tree was. Its a down hill turn to the left, off camber, then a small straight with a big exposed tree root in the middle and then on the brake to set up for an uphill to the left rocky hill. What I do is come down the hill, get on the gas and catch some air off the root. This time something was amiss as I hit the root and it pitched me to the left, heading for a big tree. I really don't remember what I did to not hit the tree head on, but I did hit it with my shoulder, hard. I had to stop for a few minutes after that, it really hurt. So after going many years without falling or crashing,
I did both the same day, minutes of each other.

Chench53
06-02-2010, 03:58 AM
OMGosh Rob, I got really scared! This was dirtbiking.
I hope your shoulder is OK, and maybe you should stick to cement and pavement? :mrgreen: :rolleyes:

Be safe out there!!
Gerry

Downshifter
06-02-2010, 05:48 AM
now i guess you are going to tell us the woods around your place is haunted, as the tree moved into your path heheheheheeh
Maybe it is destined to be a future telephone pole, because it reached out and touched you hehehehehe
maybe it one of the first signs you are getting old, and need glasses hehehhehehe If no that, it will definitely make you feel that way as long as it is going to take to heal up heheheh

Glad your ok. Maybe its time to stop trying to keep up with the kids ...

Jim.....

NYRobG
06-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Glad your first drop and get-off left you relatively unharmed, brother. Stay on the road next time.

BanditnDan
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Dang tree's just jump right out there. Good to hear your okay. Istay away from tall grass for just that reason, can't see the ground gets hairy. Remember though if you aint crashing in the dirt, you ain't riding hard enough. :-) (imo)

lil_bear
06-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh my Rob, you had me scared there for a few too. Glad your ok, and at least you can show the boys where NOT to go

KZ-Rob
06-03-2010, 05:52 AM
thanks guys. I'm ok, no lingering effects, just a small bruise. I think I was just rusty.

felyn3
06-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Glad you survived the adventure!

Chench53
06-03-2010, 09:12 AM
thanks guys. I'm ok, no lingering effects, just a small bruise. I think I was just rusty.LOL, but not Jim's jokes!! I'm cracking up!!

Diane_N
06-04-2010, 04:28 PM
better a soft landing in a field, than the other kind. Hope the aches and pains are going away, and this is the only kind of mishap you will ever have...