PDA

View Full Version : Dean Adams is a classless SOB!

LoDownSinner
10-16-2009, 06:01 PM
OK, Deano Dipshit. We get it. You don't like Buell. I know there are people who take his word as gospel and think he hung the moon, but I've about had it with that classess, biased sumbitch...

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Oct/091016expldeleted.htm

I don't wish ill on too many people, but I wouldn't pee on this bastard if he was on fire.

LDYAPXR
10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I find it more of a dislike for Buell and DMG for shooting themselves in the foot, destroying the series and saying that fans need to be "re-educated" about racing. I(and many others) do not need to be re-educated.

I will refrain from being as rude as you though.

CaptGoodvibes
10-16-2009, 09:28 PM
It is a fairly disgusting series of events over the past year.

MoBird1
10-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't follow motorcycle racing (pause for collective gasps...) so I don't know what the situation is with the Buells and what Adams calls the "clearly illegal" bike. It seems to me he did have a personal problem with "Eric with a K" and the brand faithful from his remarks.

Just my $.02

TEvo
10-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Didn't really think that article was out of whack. I see worse examples of tasteless op-ed pieces in both the conservative and liberal mainstream media.

Just one man's opinion. Agreeable or disagreeable.

spotbeagle
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm not always sure if Dean is being serious or sarcastic.

How DMG dealt with rules and the Buell is a separate issue form HD's shut down of Buell.

Erik was an innovator, and maybe his ideas didn't appeal to the mass market, but he had some great ideas to develop an American based motorcycle. In all reality, the low model Blast was the only sportbike that us supershort ladies could realistically ride as a semi entry sportbike that didn't have to be modifed so we could flatfoot at a stop. It was announced earlier that they were discontinining the Blast earlier this year, but I had hope that maybe in the future they'd come out with a revamped version - maybe even a smaller cc version.

A friend of mine got a buell motorcycle from Erik when they were first coming out as a gift. I dont' remember the model as I didn't know much about them back then. My friend "D" thought it was a great bike and rode it all the time. D died a few years later, someone rode the bike to his memorial service. dont' know what happened to the bike after that.

LoDownSinner
10-16-2009, 11:03 PM
To paraphrase Deano...

...just because you use your own web site to call yourself an "authority" doesn't make it so.

CaptGoodvibes
10-17-2009, 01:55 AM
To paraphrase Deano...

...just because you use your own web site to call yourself an "authority" doesn't make it so.

Haha!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/donadams/don_adams.jpg

Afflo
10-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Doh! Wrong thread!

CaptGoodvibes
10-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Doh! Wrong thread!

There's a cell phone thread? A spy thread? A wordplay thread? :-P A great sitcom thread? :smug:

shonuff
10-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I was trying to be opened minded while reading the article and look at it from both sides of the fence. But the typos and errors (spell check just checks spelling, it doesn't care if it makes sense) proved too much for even my rural hillbilly education.....

Either that or my lexdixia kicked in

LDYAPXR
10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
There's a cell phone thread? A spy thread? A wordplay thread? :-P A great sitcom thread? :smug:

What? No Agent 99 Thread? You got something against women CGV? ;)

CaptGoodvibes
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM
What? No Agent 99 Thread? You got something against women CGV? ;)

Didn't seem right. When we start talking about someone with a similar name maybe... :D