PDA

View Full Version : Redneck bag attachment

RockyMtnRoadRash
06-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Got me some new bags. Of course, without supports I had to rig something to get em home, so I tossed em over the seat and bungeed them down. Anyway, here's a quick pic of my ridiculous setup:

http://www.cygnature.com/bike/redneckbags.jpg

Missy B
06-30-2005, 10:03 AM
I have this generalization in my head that anyone who can come up with that setup..I just hate them. I know it isnt logical...or it's semilogical....but...it's just the way it is.

LOL..sorry...just giving you harassment from your SUV post. :horse: :mrgreen:

The first image I had when I saw this was complete with you and those nice new boots you posted not too long ago. :mrgreen:

Lezbert
06-30-2005, 10:06 AM
What? No duct tape?

Missy B
06-30-2005, 10:07 AM
What? No duct tape?

:crackup: :crackup:

jenniferb
06-30-2005, 10:15 AM
What? No duct tape?
That's what I was expecting too!

Chrystal
06-30-2005, 10:22 AM
The first image I had when I saw this was complete with you and those nice new boots you posted not too long ago. :mrgreen:

Me too! But it's not so much those boots, but the legs!! :ugly_tock :crackup:

southernspirit
06-30-2005, 10:33 AM
A lil southern ingenuity! yea!! :banana:

Mer
06-30-2005, 10:47 AM
A lil southern ingenuity! yea!! :banana:
I KNEW you'd chime in on this one!!http://www.powwows.com/gathering/images/smilies/lol_hitting.gif http://freeconservatives.com/smilies/cool_shades.gif

southernspirit
06-30-2005, 11:20 AM
http://freeconservatives.com/smilies/cool_shades.gif ....... :smug:

Clair
06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Ah, but so few of you actually know Todd, like I do. I've ridden with Todd, I remember his POS days ... when that POS attacked my beautiful bike out of jealousy ... Not to fear, Todd will find a use for Duct Tape and his new bags.

Glad you found some bags ... not sure if they really work on a Volusia, need to see your bike with them on, but at least now you have some storage, which will help for our CO ride.

RockyMtnRoadRash
06-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I have this generalization in my head that anyone who can come up with that setup..I just hate them. I know it isnt logical...or it's semilogical....but...it's just the way it is.

I probably deserved that.

I didn't bring duct tape, though in retrospect if I'd remembered to bring some, it might've been handy.

Sorry to disappoint SS, but no southern there. Good 'ol backwoods Vermont (Closest city is S'nalbans n' that's about 30 minutes west.) ingenuity. If there's a way to rig something up, there's pretty good chance my Dad or I've done it. I'm a New England Yankee. Frequently accused of speaking New English, whatever that means. Can I get an "E-yep?"

Yes, I grew up giving distances in time. I'll get some better pix this evening when I get them properly attached.

RockyMtnRoadRash
06-30-2005, 02:30 PM

That tears it. Wait and see what my icon looks like in the near future. MWAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

southernspirit
06-30-2005, 02:45 PM
I didn't bring duct tape, though in retrospect if I'd remembered to bring some, it might've been handy.

hehe...just bought some more "ingenuity" this morning..... :mrgreen:

GRYDE001
06-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Yes, I grew up giving distances in time.

I still do that, as do most people around here. I couldn't tell you how far I am from the local Wal-mart in miles, but I've got it almost down to the second. Does everyone else use miles instead of time?

Lezbert
06-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Ah, but so few of you actually know Todd, like I do. I've ridden with Todd, I remember his POS days ... when that POS attacked my beautiful bike out of jealousy ... Not to fear, Todd will find a use for Duct Tape and his new bags.

The two tools anyone ever needs are WD-40 and duct tape. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the the WD-40. :mrgreen:

southernspirit
06-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I tend to use miles. I do know that i have used time a time or two....LOL

Missy B
06-30-2005, 09:41 PM
I probably deserved that.

You know I'm just messin' wif ya, right? :mrgreen:

And...you're a Yankee, so....you're the coolest and should be used to smart-a$$. :mrgreen: