PDA

View Full Version : Vino Jan? How're you doing?

MaxiScoot
05-18-2005, 01:22 PM
I haven't seen Jan post in quite a while. Has anyone heard from her? I sure hope we haven't heard from her because she's out riding that cool scoot of hers.

Jan, if you're lurking out there, pop in and let us know how you are!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/SWingGirl/Non-Bike/SmlyPls.gif

MarcS
05-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Didn't she just post a couple of days ago in this thread: http://www.beginnerbikers.org/showthread.php?t=1675

MaxiScoot
05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Didn't she just post a couple of days ago in this thread: http://www.beginnerbikers.org/showthread.php?t=1675
Thanks, Marc! I missed it!

Jan
05-20-2005, 01:20 AM
HEY KAREN, thanks for checking in with me.... Yep, I have been out riding and I sure do enjoy it. Rode 5 miles last Sunday on the country road and what a high! I'm so glad I pursued this journey, thanks to all of you.............:)
Vino
Jan

x_cuesme
05-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Miss Jan,

I have to tell you- I've ridden my daughter's Vino a bit lately- and I bow to all you Vino riders-

I swear that Reflex is easier to ride! The Vino's seat height is higher, the machine is smaller, it reacts VERY quickly to road conditions and driver input- and you're right, the seat is a bit hard! Put 15 miles on it the other night just tooling around town and doing some parking lot practice and it's a neat little machine-

But definitely is not the 'easy chair' I'm accustomed to with the Honda scoots! I guess I'm spoiled!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your scoot- I still miss the Reflex. H and I are going for a ride in a couple of hours when things cool down a bit- We live in a pretty rural area and your biggest danger at night is usually deer or other wild animals, not other traffic. So I put him and those awful loud pipes in front and we both have light kits- so far, so good. I know some folks hate riding at night but in the summer it's one of my favorite times to ride- I don't like heat!!!

Take care-

Nancy

MaxiScoot
05-20-2005, 05:44 PM
HEY KAREN, thanks for checking in with me.... Yep, I have been out riding and I sure do enjoy it. Rode 5 miles last Sunday on the country road and what a high! I'm so glad I pursued this journey, thanks to all of you.............:)
Vino
Jan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/SWingGirl/Non-Bike/HappyBkr.gifGlad to hear you're having a great time Jan. I really enjoy it, too.

My husband and I are going on a "Pie Run" this weekend with a bunch of other riders. He and I are part of a group called the Two Wheeled Texans. They're mostly sport bike riders, but not the squidly kind. :lol: Anyway, at the end of every month we have a Pie Run and bikers from all over Texas attend. It's held in a different little town every month, and the attraction is it has to have a restaurant that serves great pies. Of course it's the ride there that counts, not the pies. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/SWingGirl/Non-Bike/SmlyWink.gif

Have a great weekend!

Jan
05-22-2005, 04:06 PM
HEY NANCY.... Well I have heard many good things about the Honda Reflex, but I think it might be a bit heavy for me.... Do you not like the way the Vino handles? How would I know it is my first.....

I must say I would like a smoother ride........ There have been times when I felt the Vino was shaking the dickens out of me............

I was up in the mountains north today and some of the Harley riders were having a rally!!! Wow, over 300 bikes in the small town of Murphy California. How exciting that was to see.......................I sat on a few, after asking the owners of course, and guess where my feet were? Yep, flat on the ground and more!!!!!!!
Vino
Jan

x_cuesme
05-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Hi Jan!

The 'hat's off' is a compliment to you folks riding Vino's and the small scoots- I'd simply forgotten how much skill it takes to ride the small ones! I don't mean they handle 'poorly' at all- what I mean is they really take a lot of concentration and you really have to have a 'soft' approach with them because they accept input so easily.

The hard seat- well, I just gave up and spent the $$$'s to put a Mustang seat on my bike- the stock seat on the Aero wins the 'all time bad seat' award, so the Vino's could be much worse!

Sounds like the rally was great- You will be surprised at how many cruisers you can 'flat foot'. Guarantee you could flat foot mine- even with the Mustang, the seat height is probably 2 1/2 inches lower than yours. Stock it's just 25 1/2 compared to your 29!

Weight is an issue- that's the problem with a bike like mine. Although a 'light weight' compared to a lot of what is out there, it's pretty heavy. The Reflex outweights your scoot by quite a bit- best to stay with where you are for now. Especially if you're riding much in town- the scoots are so much easier on the 'stop and go' part...

Glad you're having fun!

Nancy

Jan
05-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks Nancy,

I plan to stay with the Vino, no doubt about that. I would love it if they made a 150 and one that was about two inches lower to the ground, but I'm happy with what I have. My friend has a Vespa and I would like to ride it just as a comparison........

Vino
Jan

Oldbamaboy
05-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Hey Nancy. Didn't I see you on the Burgman usa site? Still think maybe a Burger 400 might be in your future at some point. It sounds like a great bike. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you sold the Reflex. It was evident that you loved it. From what I hear the Burgman 400 is everything you loved about the Reflex and then some. Almost everyone loves their maxiscooter. Occasionally I hear of an owner selling one, but they usually talk about it with a sense of longing.

Lou

MaxiScoot
05-23-2005, 06:00 PM
<friendly snip>
Occasionally I hear of an owner selling one, but they usually talk about it with a sense of longing.

Lou

Yes, this is true. I miss my Pegasus. Especially for commuting. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/SWingGirl/Non-Bike/SmlyCrying.gif My new cruiser is great on the highway though. I don't get blown around like I did on my scoot. Sure wish I could afford to have them both. But I am thankful for my experience on both the Reflex and the SilverWing.

x_cuesme
05-24-2005, 12:12 AM
I have a picture of a Honda Griffon as the background on my notebook...

Being blown around in the wind is THE reason I am riding a cruiser now.

It's WINDY here- most of the time. Couple that with a big preference for and a lot of time spent on state routes- 55 to 65- with often less-than-desirable road surfaces, and the scoot gets to be hard to handle. Almost all of these roads are two lane and I've literally had the Reflex blown sidways at 60 mph when combined wind gust and semi-blast hit it--- that's not fun.

If my husband had his way, the Reflex would still be in the garage. Or I'd have a Majesty or a Burg 400 by now- as well as the cruiser. He knows I prefer the scoots and although he won't say this to ME, I know he feels I'm safer on the scoot. I handle it a lot better- a lot more experience- and I love them overall. But we really can't afford three bike payments...

and I don't think it's 'safe' for me to spend almost all my time on a scoot and only take the cruiser when we go on a long ride or when it's windy out (which is what I was doing when I had the Aero and the Reflex...)

Now, it may not be true, but the Griffon looks enough like a cross between a bike and a scoot that it might handle wind better- which is why it's on my desktop! But I don't think they're ever actually going to release the darned thing!

Yup, that's me on BurgUSA...and Majesty forum...scooteritis never really goes away!