PDA

View Full Version : This has been an AWESOME DAY!

Paduan
04-14-2005, 04:55 PM
This morning, I got to see a jerkwad cager get popped by the Troopers.

I took a long lunch, during which I got all the rooster s**t washed off the bike. And air dried it for a few miles.

And, even though I've been riding over 40 years, I stopped by the MSF shop and signed up for the next BRC class.

I feel like a little progress has been made - in the more important aspect of life.....

Mer
04-14-2005, 04:57 PM
:) Your post made me smile Paduan. :) I'm glad your day as been so great!! And congrats on signing up for the MSF. You can never learn too much. :wiggleit:

xgambit
04-15-2005, 12:25 AM
do they have track days up in alaska? those would be fun for someone with experience.

MarcS
04-15-2005, 12:53 AM
BRC? Why not ERC?

HotFix
04-15-2005, 07:41 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I'd go with ERC.
I wonder when is 'too soon' to go back to MWF. I took the BRC last summer and I feel I'm still learning a lot on the road (not that I'll stop). I think I'll take an ERC course this August.

HotFix
04-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Oh, and thanks for telling us about your day Paduan. Attitudes are contagious!

Paduan
04-15-2005, 10:29 AM
do they have track days up in alaska? those would be fun for someone with experience.
No tracks - except for ice racing.

Not for me....

Paduan
04-15-2005, 10:35 AM
BRC? Why not ERC?
The beautiful young woman who lets me live with her is taking the BRC.

A togetherness thing. We actually do stuff together.

And, I'm old school. Never had any actual instruction. Just went out and tried to figure out how to stop falling down. And every once in a while someone would offer a "tip".

The dirt racing phase helped a lot, but there is still a lot of stuff to learn. Read all the books.

I think it will be fun.

And then there will be the shopping for the new bike. Hers....

HotFix
04-15-2005, 05:33 PM
They frown on groups here in GA. We had two BRCs running one weekend with a hubby in one and the wife in the other.

Paduan
04-15-2005, 05:43 PM
They frown on groups here in GA. We had two BRCs running one weekend with a hubby in one and the wife in the other.
We got over all that stuff a long time ago.

I will stay quietly in the background, offering only positive reinforcement when asked.

She is infinitely capable in everything she attempts, so I likely can pretend to ignore her.

But, I dare not cast glances at the pretty, green-eyed redhead.

I will wear the dark visor.....

MarcS
04-15-2005, 05:45 PM
I will stay quietly in the background, offering only positive reinforcement when asked.

Honey, the way you popped that clutch and wheelied right off the range was INCREDIBLE! I didn't know you could DO THAT on a 125!

Paduan
04-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Honey, the way you popped that clutch and wheelied right off the range was INCREDIBLE! I didn't know you could DO THAT on a 125!
So, last night she asks if we should go ahead and get her a bike now, so that she can practice before the course.

I said something real positive like, well maybe you should use one of their bikes first, in case you drop it.

Dumb, dumb, dumb....

Missy B
04-15-2005, 06:06 PM
LMAO Paduan. Yeah, not a good answer to THAT one.

H and I took MSF together and it was GREAT! I am glad we took it together.

Mer
04-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Randy and I took our MSF together too. They even had us in the same group. No problems at all. It was a blast!!

Paduan
04-15-2005, 06:11 PM
H and I took MSF together and it was GREAT! I am glad we took it together.
I think we will have a good time with this, as usual....

subvetSSN606
04-15-2005, 10:22 PM
So, last night she asks if we should go ahead and get her a bike now, so that she can practice before the course.

I said something real positive like, well maybe you should use one of their bikes first, in case you drop it.

Dumb, dumb, dumb....

Honesty is an over-rated virtue. ;)

Tom

Lildog
04-19-2005, 03:14 PM

Dumb, dumb, dumb....

ROFLMAO Lol2[1]

That's right up there with.... "Honey do these drag'n Jeans make my hips look fat?"

Chrystal
04-19-2005, 03:51 PM
...And, even though I've been riding over 40 years, I stopped by the MSF shop and signed up for the next BRC class....

Great minds think alike.....I was considering taking the course again. Just for the sake of it.

It's good you're having a wonderful day!

sanglant
04-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I'd go with ERC.
I wonder when is 'too soon' to go back to MWF. I took the BRC last summer and I feel I'm still learning a lot on the road (not that I'll stop). I think I'll take an ERC course this August.

Do it! The guideline is/was 6 months and 1,000 miles from BRC to ERC. You're well past that. Besides, the ERC isn't that much more advanced than the BRC excercises, so you ought to be able to handle them. The good thing is that they're looking for better form in the ERC and will correct you to a tighter level than in the BRC. Plus, you get more range time on the more difficult excersices.

Fiacha
04-19-2005, 04:44 PM
LOL you can reassure her that lots of people drop the bikes early on and some instructors expect it. if they arn't replacing at least one clutch/brake lever each class they're not having fun! j/k at least this way she can get it outta the way!

xgambit
04-19-2005, 07:21 PM
I had an awesome day today! my boss sent me on 2 count em 2, 50 mile round trippers on a nice, sunny, not windy (as the forecast said) trips on my bike and i had a grin from ear to the back of my head.

now i cant wait for my ride home!

Paduan
04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
I had an awesome day today! my boss sent me on 2 count em 2, 50 mile round trippers on a nice, sunny, not windy (as the forecast said) trips on my bike and i had a grin from ear to the back of my head.

now i cant wait for my ride home!
Outstanding!

It sort of takes some of the "work" pain away, doesn't it.

I almost never get to run errands. They have people to do that....