PDA

View Full Version : Another form of gear whoring?

caeman
06-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Okay, I am learning from riding the Ninja 250 that multiple sets of things is a Good Thing (tm). Have a pair of mesh gloves, and insulated gloves, etc.

If I do end up buy a dirt bike, I am going to have to buy a whole new set of gear. Oh, the horror. :-D

LoDownSinner
06-06-2007, 12:36 PM
The mesh gloves will be fine. You'll probably want dirt-specific helmet, boots and armor, though.

Missy B
06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I do use an older full face but my next purchase will be a dirt helmet. The best purchase ever were my dirt bike boots. I went with the cheaper O'Neal Elements. The buckles are all plastic, so they do break, but other than that, they've served me well. Nothing like putting a foot down (like you WILL do in dirt!) with my street boots on. It hurt a couple of times and I finally broke down and bought the dirt boots. LOL

If you have a Cycle Gear near you, they have great prices. We've outfitted the whole family through Cycle Gear.

Cinder
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Okay, I am learning from riding the Ninja 250 that multiple sets of things is a Good Thing (tm). Have a pair of mesh gloves, and insulated gloves, etc.

If I do end up buy a dirt bike, I am going to have to buy a whole new set of gear. Oh, the horror. :-D

Of course, you just simply must have the correct outfit for each bike! We both have our "Goldwing" get-up, cold, in-between and hot weather of course, then we have our "little bike" outfits which consist of different combinations of my other gear plus some leather jackets for me. Hubby's "little bike" gear is leather pants, jacket, retro Frank Thomas boots, retro-looking helmet and goggles. The GB requires the proper "look"! :mrgreen:

Gear shopping is such a hardship isn't it? :-D :wavey: