PDA

View Full Version : Email Spoofing

Derick
02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
All -

Shutterbug brought it to my attention that there is some email spoofing going around other forums. So keep in mind a few things. I RARELY (I mean I've only done it once) sent out an all site email, and that was years ago when I transitioned from phpBB to vbulletin. Also, if you get an email from admin@beginnerbikers.org or webmaster@beginnerbikers.org (There is no such address as webmaster@beginnerbikers.org) that it will NOT tell you to update your software or anything of the sort. Also, I usually sign anything with "dboogie and the BBO staff" so if thats not there, its a scam.

So to recap;
1) I rarely send out site wide emails
2) if I do, its signed with my name
3) thankfully we have an email address scrambler in posts, so bots cant farm for addys
4) use common sense

that is all - hopefully one day these scammers will get a real job.

subvetSSN606
02-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks dboogie,

And there's nothing about this forum that requires any of the users to update or modify any of their software. If you ever have any problems with how the site is working, or any questions, either submit a support ticket or email us.

Tom

jenniferb
02-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys! You do a great job at keeping this place running!

SoCal LabRat
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
If you subscribe to a thread, you will get an email from this address:
Beginnerbikers.org ("admin@beginnerbikers.org, subvetssn606"@beginnerbikers.org)

This email will have the new post that has been added to the thread, or a digest of posts to threads you have posted in (depending on how you've set up preferences).

Any request for information should be considered Spoofing and should be deleted.