PDA

View Full Version : Writers needed!

Derick
01-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I have mentioned this informally in a few other threads, but this is the official plea for articles. If you have a good topic that you would like to write about, please let me know! As we build and grow, these articles are invaluable to new visitors, and new motorcyclists all around the world. So, if you know you'd like to write something, fire it to me via email in WORD format (please) and we'll get it posted in the articles section.

thanks!
-D
derick@beginnerbikers.org

RockyMtnRoadRash
01-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Winter layering article enroute.

MikeInSLC
01-10-2005, 05:48 PM
That's already written! Cheater!! :)

Derick
01-11-2005, 12:38 AM
One article is up, and its great....whoever wants some exposure, or to help newbies, please submit one!

I was expecting another one on the anxiety of riding a motorcycle, but i cant figure out who it was that mentioned it, i seemed to have lost the pm or email about it.

But please, you guys are the experts out there, new riders are certainly looking to you old pros for advice.

A_Pmech
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I've been thinking about putting together an article on the removal of damaged threaded fasteners (Screws, nuts, bolts, etc.) I try and get to that soon.

Galaxieman
01-12-2005, 01:09 AM
I'll get you an article on paint as soon as I get the Superhawk finished and the paint fumes clear. I'm by no means a true expert on the subject, but this is my 3rd paint job, so I'm beginning to not do the real bonehead moves.

-Jim

Edit: Oh yeah, since I'm going to write the article, I can take some in-process shots this time...

Derick
01-12-2005, 01:14 AM
I'll get you an article on paint as soon as I get the Superhawk finished and the paint fumes clear. I'm by no means a true expert on the subject, but this is my 3rd paint job, so I'm beginning to not do the real bonehead moves.

-Jim

Edit: Oh yeah, since I'm going to write the article, I can take some in-process shots this time...

want to paint my kawi?!

A_Pmech
01-12-2005, 12:22 PM
want to paint my kawi?!

It's already black! :P :)

Derick
01-12-2005, 12:41 PM
no, its a sea green...the previous owner did a DIY job, and it's pretty crappy. The gas tank, fender, and grab bar are all shiny, and the rest of the plastics are this satin/no gloss finish..... I'd be willing to pay you!!

HotFix
01-12-2005, 06:48 PM

I'd be more interested in reading an article from someone who has done it 3 times than from people who have done it only once, or a hundered times.

cygnus
01-27-2005, 01:56 PM
If you don't mind my long-winded nonsense, I'd like to submit an article or two in the future. I miss my old 'eclectic biker' column.

subvetSSN606
01-27-2005, 04:37 PM
If you don't mind my long-winded nonsense, I'd like to submit an article or two in the future. I miss my old 'eclectic biker' column.

You certainly have my recommendation!

Tom